Ensuring The Lawful Use Of Your Data
We will only use your personal data where we have a lawful basis to use it. We will usually only use your data where it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you (for example, to fulfil an order you have placed with us), or in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your interests, rights or freedoms. For example, we might use your personal data to allow us to improve our website or to ask you for feedback in relation to our products. Please contact us using the details below if you would like further information about this.
We may sometimes need to use data to comply with our legal obligations (for example, to pass on details of people who are involved in fraud).
In some cases, we will ask for your consent to use your data, for example, where you agree to receive marketing from us.
Further details of how we will use your personal information are provided below.
What Information we Collect From You and How We Use It
The information we collect about you and how we will use it, depends on how you interact with us. The table below provides some examples of the information we collect about you and how we will use it.
|The Personal Data we Collect From You||How We Use It||Lawful Basis|
|We will collect the personal data needed to identify you such as your name and company name (where applicable). We will also collect your contact details, such as your email address, telephone number, job title (where applicable), address, postal code, marketing preferences and demographics.||Where you are our customer, to enter into a business relationship with you to fulfil your orders and to contact you about them where necessary.||To enter into and fulfil our contract with you/legitimate business purposes.|
|Where you are our supplier, to communicate and conduct business with you.||For legitimate business purposes.|
|To send you marketing communications about our products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.||Where you consent.|
|To ask you to participate in market research and provide feedback or complete questionnaires about our products and business.||For legitimate business purposes.|
|Internal record keeping.||Legal obligation/legitimate business purposes.|
|If you raise an enquiry or complaint with us.||For legitimate business purposes.|
|Fraud prevention and detection.||Legal obligation/legitimate business purposes.|
|Payment details and details of your transactions.||Fraud prevention and detection.||Legal obligation/legitimate business purposes.|
|To assist you with any queries you have about current and previous orders/payments.||To fulfil our contract with you/legitimate business purposes.|
|Information you provide to us when you contact us by telephone, email, post or social media.||Provide you with the information, support and/or customer service you have requested.||For legitimate business purposes.|
|Calls may be recorded to train our employees and be utilised for market research purposes.||For legitimate business purposes.|
You do not have to give us any of the personal data set out above but, if you do not provide us with certain information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you have requested from us, deal with your query or process your job application.
Sharing Your Data
We share your personal data with trusted third parties to allow us to achieve the purposes set out above. When we do share your data with these third parties we have written contracts in place with them which require them to only use your data for the purpose we specify to them and that your privacy is secure and respected.
These trusted third parties include the following:
- • The service provider who manages our marketing campaigns on our behalf, such as our email marketing provider DotDigital.
- • IT service providers, such as our CRM system provider; and
- • Fresh Relevance, our Web Personalization provider.
- • in connection with a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all of or portion of our assets). In these circumstances, we may need to share your personal data with a prospective buyer and external professional advisors such as accountants, insurers, lawyers or financial institutions.
- • Where we have a duty or a legal obligation to do so, such as with the police, administrative authorities, other enforcement, regulatory or Government bodies, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or any other agreements which we enter into with you.
We may also share your personal data:
How Long Will We Keep Your Personal Data
We may also keep hold of some of your personal data to deal with legal claims or if we are required to do so for legal purposes, for example, to meet our legal or regulatory requirements or to prevent fraud and abuse.
We generally retain the personal data we hold about our customers for seven years for these purposes.
Some of our service providers are located in countries outside of the UK and EU.
As a result, it may be necessary for the personal data that we collect from you to be transferred to or accessed from outside the UK and EU.
How Can i Unsubscribe From Marketing Commiunications?
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, to request:
- • access to the personal data we hold about you (commonly known as a "data subject access request") including a copy of it.
- • the correction of the personal information that we hold about you if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- • the deletion or removal of personal data we hold about you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- • for our processing of your personal information to be restricted in certain circumstances, for example if you want to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- • to obtain a copy of the personal information you’ve provided us with and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to a third party of your choice; and
- • to withdraw any consent you have provided to our use of your personal data. Where you withdraw consent we will stop using your data for the specific purpose, unless we have an alternative legal basis to use it.
We may ask you for proof of your identity before dealing with your request, as a security measure to protect your data.
Right To Object
Where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop processing it and we must do so unless we believe we have an overriding legitimate reason to continue processing your personal data or we need to process it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you are dissatisfied with how we have handled your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to your data protection regulator and we will work with them to resolve it. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). You can make a complaint to the ICO by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113 or on their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO or, (if you’re based outside of the UK, your data protection regulator), so please do contact us in the first instance.
- • by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • by post at
Unit 4, Edison Business Centre,
- • by phone at +44 113 323 7793.